If you and I were sitting on my couch right now, sharing about our lives and drinking coffee, one thing is sure to come up: OBSTACLES- Those things that we are we facing that’s keeping us from being who/where we want to be. It always comes up in one way or another, whether it’s mommy issues, out of control eating or how you always run late. We are just wired to connect with each other. We want advise from our friends. We want to improve ourselves. However, it seems we always have the same issues. Why aren’t they being solved? Why are we constantly living like this?
What is keeping us trapped in this cycle? We are dealing with the symptoms and ignoring the roots of the issues.
MINDSET IS EVERYTHING
It seems trendy right now to talk about MINDSET, but I think we have ignored its importance for too long. It’s not a trend. It’s the battlefield upon which we win and lose our battles with EVERYTHING.
If you THINK you are unworthy of love, invaluable to your company or unfit to be a parent, that is NOT ONLY the foundation you are building your life on, but also the quality of materials you are using on the structure.
It’s like thinking we can fix a girl’s self-esteem by doing her makeup and making her feel pretty to build her confidence. That is the same as putting wallpaper over cracked walls in a house. Instead of teaching her how to value and love the uniqueness of who she is, we are teaching her to cover up and hide the things that don’t “fit.” We have it all backwards.
Let’s look at how this girl’s MINDSET could affect other aspects of her life:
1. Overcommits Herself: She wants people to like her or think she is valuable so she never says NO.
2. Doesn’t make exercise a priority, eats horribly or has disordered habits: Doesn’t value her health because she could never be fit & healthy enough for someone to want her. May even go to extremes.
3. Isolates herself & doesn’t make time for meaningful relationships: It’s easier to be “too busy for people” than to feel rejected by people who always let you down.
4. Doesn’t know how to rest: She feels like she is lazy if she stops working. She has to earn her value and acceptance. Her mind is always on. She can’t sleep at night, but she is always tired.
These are just a few examples of how mindset controls all of the things! Maybe you can find yourself in a version of one of these scenarios. Maybe it opens your eyes to other things you deal with that is directly correlated with your mindset. Whatever the case may be, you have the power to change. Something that I try to implement in my life, but also in the content I create and the lessons that I teach is the 21 Day Detox by Dr. Caroline Leaf. It is a simple 5 minute 5 Step Process that you walk through every morning. The goal is to pick ONE toxic thought/mindset to change over the course of 21 days. If you are interested, check out her book, Switch on your Brain! It is truly fascinating!
However, if you do better working with a person, I’d love to be that for you! I have a few options for you to connect with me!
- Join my StrongerLife PRIVATE GROUP COACHING FACEBOOK GROUP: $99 One time Fee gives you access to the group. I have seasonal challenges, Live Videos, Nutrition & Fitness content, and more.
- Private One-On-One Coaching: $99/3 Months- Personal Accountability, Mindset Activities, Nutrition & Workout Plans, Access to the private coaching group
- EMAIL ME. I would love to chat with you! Send me a message if you have any questions or if you would like to set up a FREE consultation!