This is one of my absolute favorite MEAL PREP recipes! These oat based muffins are the perfect GRAB & GO breakfast!
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- ⅓-½ cup pure maple syrup, please see notes for substitutions
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons almond/peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, any dairy-free milk will work
- 2¼ cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, plus more for topping
Preheat the oven to 350°F and then grease or line a muffin tin for 12 muffins.
Starting with the wet ingredients first (pumpkin, maple syrup, eggs, almond butter, vanilla and milk) layer everything except the chocolate chips into a blender or a food processor and blend for about 30 seconds, or until smooth.
Using a spoon, gently stir the chocolate chips into the batter. Pour the batter into the muffin tin, filling each about 3/4th of the way full. Top with a few more chocolate chips then bake in the oven for 22 minutes, until light golden brown. Allow to to cool for at least 10-15 minutes before stuffing in your face. Leftovers are good at room temperature for the first day but are best kept refrigerated for up to 5 days.
RECIPE FROM: www.makingthymeforhealth.com